Joanne Y. Chaplin-Shuman
The photo-realistic and abstract movements heavily influence
painting style. Her incorporation of mixed media into the work
takes abstract expression to an
advanced level by juxtaposing various materials to represent her
ideas and life interpretations in
the paintings. While using acrylic or oil as the foundation,
Chaplin-Shuman creates depth,
texture and meaning with elements such as paper, gold leaf,
sponges, and other tools.
Chicago Art Institute, Chicago, IL
Won a four-year scholarship, at the age of twelve, graduating
with top honors.
Awards: Honorable mention and commendation for advanced art
Selected Group Exhibitions
• Rive Gauche Art Gallery Scottsdale, AZ
• Riverside Gallery Fountain Hills, AZ
• Arizona Art Alliance Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ
Fountain Hills Artists Gallery, Fountain Hills, AZ
• Trilogy at Vistancia Art League, Peoria, AZ
• Hospice of the Valley Art Auction, Phoenix,
• Emerson Gallery, Fountain Hills, AZ
Selected Solo Exhibitions
• Model homes in Trilogy at Vistancia, Peoria,
• Sami Fine Jewelry, Fountain Hills, AZ,
• Resurrection Lutheran Church, Scottsdale,
Artistic Expertise: Skills
• Identify and utilize techniques such as metallic leaf, faux,
effects, 3-D differentiation, and Zostovia.
Experience in Tole, China, Watercolor, Pastel, Oil, and Acrylic
Organizational & Marketing
Collaborated with art show, Celebration of Fine Arts,
Scottsdale, AZ in sales
of prestigious artwork.
• Displayed work in Trilogy at Vistancia,
• Designed and sold commissioned portraits.
• Transferred original paintings into limited
• Designed Christmas cards.
Nude on Blue Ball